Move from daydreaming to "I will [insert your dream here]"
ABOUT DREAM BIG
From New York Times bestselling author Bob Goff, the creator of the popular Dream Big conferences, a wildly inspiring yet utterly practical blueprint for helping readers find and reach their biggest dreams.
Bob Goff is on a mission to shake people into the version of their lives they dreamt about before someone told them it was impossible or incorrect. He wants people to reconnect with the seat of their passion and their person. He wants them to dream big.
In this revelatory new book, Goff takes readers on a life-proven journey to rediscover their dreams and turn them into reality. Based on his popular Dream Big workshop, Bob draws on a lifetime of living and dreaming large to help guide readers to reaching their larger-than-life dreams.
In Dream Big, he shows us how to:
· learn to define clearly your dreams for yourself,
· identify the obstacles holding you back,
· come up with a specific plan for reaching goals, and
· develop the tools that will help you act on the plan.
Dream Big is the only book you need to uncover the wild and exciting dream for your life you’ve hidden from yourself–and help you take the steps necessary to achieve it.
1. Dream Big is a fantastic book for anyone who feels stuck in life. Goff is quick to point out that just because you’re uncertain about the direction of your life doesn’t mean that your life doesn’t have direction. Choosing how you want to live your life every single day is a big deal, and it’s a vital step to stepping out of your comfort zone and into your dreams.
2. Dream Big will help provide context and push you to consider the answers to questions like “What is my life’s purpose?” and “How can I make the most of my time on Earth?” Goff shares his own personal journey toward a more meaningful life, and the authenticity in which he shares creates a sense of ownership that I can make these same choices in my own life too. With this book, Goff helps you develop a level of self-awareness that is not too scientific to discourage continuing the journey, but just analytical enough to be practical. I appreciate Goff’s honesty that this is not a process that happens overnight though, but rather a daily decision.
3. “Our lives aren’t lived by chance, and we don’t need to act like our ambitions are beyond our control. You have far more agency over your ambitions than you might realize.” ….. SO, DREAM BIG.
4. Whether you consider yourself a “reader” or not, reading Dream Big is similar to that moment of peace when you’re sitting on a front porch swing, reminiscing on “the good ole days,” when everything was quieter, calmer, and possibilities existed. We all know that feeling, where the world didn’t quite seem so heavy, and the “American dream” was a beautiful, attainable thing. Goff is passionate about helping you move from “10:34 – 10:35,” or the minute between saying you’re going to do something and taking the action to do something. The Dream Big framework – provided at the end of the book, along with all of Goff’s additional resources on his website and through his conference, include such practical, almost obvious, ways to discover the dream that really exists somewhere in your heart, frame it out, and then take that first step. Maybe you’ve always wanted to be a writer but are so afraid no one will read it – who cares! Write anyway! Maybe you’ve always wanted to go cave diving – then GO! Do the research, figure out the tools you need, and take the leap! If you’re looking for inspiration, this is your book.
5. Self-discovery is where magic happens, it’s where empowerment lives, it’s where you move from the fear of failure to the realization that something is more important that fear. It’s okay if you don’t know the answers to all the questions, but create a community around yourself who will encourage you along the way, help you find the answers and resources you need, and motivate you to continue fighting for those dreams. Once you discover what you want, why you want it, and what you’re going to do about it, there’s nothing holding you back from doing incredible things in this world.
“The fix isn’t easy, but it’s simple: we need to replace what we’ve settled for with what we’ve been longing for. We need to find ambitions worthy of our time and the effort it will take to pursue them.” – Bob Goff
Another book reviewer of Dream Big wrote that Dream Big is the book you can recommend to someone and be confident that this person will return to thank you later when their big dreams have come true. So with that, we encourage you to dream big, do amazing things in this world, have some fun along the way, and don’t settle for anything less.